- Be safe and watch your mates. Make sure your mates know where you are and who you want them to call in an emergency.
- Think before you drink. Excessive drinking can lead to dangerous behaviour and serious consequences for yourself and your friends.
- Don’t drink and drive or get in the car with a drunk driver – you could lose your licence or your life.
- Drink spiking happens. Never allow someone else to buy you a drink and always watch your drink, don’t leave it unattended.
- Don’t take drugs - they are illegal and can kill.
- No means NO. Unwanted or forced sexual behaviour is a crime.
- Protect your privacy. You can’t control where your images may end up.
- Avoid violence. You have a choice. Walk away and avoid fights, or risk physical, emotional and criminal consequences. One punch can kill!
- Falls from high rises are fatal. If you sit on or lean over balcony railings, you can lose your balance and fall. Falls have resulted in serious injuries and death.
- Travel safely. Drinking or taking drugs and driving can be fatal. Make sure you use safe transport options.
- Don’t risk it. Always call 000 in an emergency.
Remember, while you’re at Schoolies you will be staying in a residential community where other people live and work. Respect local residents and businesses. No-one wants to hear loud and unruly behaviour, particularly late at night.
There are serious consequences for engaging in anti-social behaviour. You could be charged by police and have to appear in court or be issued with an on-the-spot fine of $200. You could even be arrested, resulting in a criminal record that stays with you for life.
Your behaviour during Schoolies could affect the rest of your life. Don’t take the chance, be responsible and respectful. Good Choices = Great Future.
Important Phone Numbers:
Schoolies Hotline (13 QGOV)
Police Link (24 hrs)
Crime Stoppers (24 hrs)
Red Frogs Hotline (24 hrs)
Kids Helpline (24 hrs)
Sexual Assault Helpline
Alcohol & Drug Information Service
1800 333 000
1300 557 123
1800 551 800
1800 010 120
1800 177 833